African Okro Soup-Quick & healthy. Oh so easy yet yummy! Okro Soup African style loaded with shrimp, oxtails with or without Egusi.
- One pound okra fresh or frozen
- ½ pound meat oxtail
- 1 tablespoon Beef or chicken bouillon
- ½ pound Shrimp
- ½ cup medium –sized Onions chopped
- ½ cup ground Crayfish
- 3 cups of chopped Spinach
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup ground Egusi optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In medium –sized sauce pan boil oxtail seasoned with garlic salt, smoked paprika, pepper and onions until tender (approximately 30 -40 minutes). You can shorten this process in half by using a pressure cooker.
- If using fresh okra wash the okra, remove the tops and tails, and slice into rounds.
- Blend the okra to a coarse consistency in a food processor or you can finely chop the okra into coarse consistency using a sharp knife
- Add the ground crayfish, bouillon or Maggie and egusi into the pan of boiled meat , cook for 5 minutes
- Then add shrimp, cook for another 5 minutes and finally add the spinach and stir for about a minute or 2 .
- Serve warm with Fufu( any kind)